Welcom

Here's where I toss out my words - like words in the wind. Sometimes putting stuff out on the internet can feel like that. Hope you can catch the breeze once in awhile.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

No Buy Day 4


Welcome to No Buy month Day 4. Checking in to give you a progress report. On Day 2 I went to town and didn't buy a People magazine, chocolate bar, doughnut at the bakery or some paper that was on sale. Brought all my pop cans and bottles away and came back with $45.00 in cash which I didn't spend. For a change. So far so good. On Day 3 I surfed the net and didn't buy some DVD's. So far so good. The real test will come in a week when my husband and I have to go to the city. Usually the thought sends a little thrill up my spine because that means malls and stores and all kinds of places to spend money. Having my husband along definitely subdues the little chill. I don't know how he does it but he can drive right by IKEA, West Edmonton Mall, Staples, Linen's 'n Things and his foot won't even leave the accelerator. Nerves of steel that man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love keeping in touch with your no money progress, I am trying the same thing as well - but does paying for yoga and swimming count???

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add - keep up the good work, you can do it, it is hard but last night at yoga I learned that you can do anything that you put your mind to and that you have to connect your mind body and soul together to become one... anyways sounds crazy, but it helped me overcome some stuff that I wasn't fully surrendering to God as well... so it all works out....

Brenda Coulter said...

Ah, gee. It looks like I'm going to have to stop reading your blog for a while or risk feeling guilty about all the books I've been buying lately.

Call me when No Buy Month is over.
;-)